LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Kung fu flick


The family went out to see "Kung Fu Panda" Saturday. Believe it or not, we all enjoyed it!


Usually, one of us has something negative to say (OK, I usually have something, what shall I say, "critical" to contribute). Ask me about "Lord of the Rings" and Jayne will give me such a look. This time, though, we all agreed the movie is worth seeing.


I liked how each character had to find out what was important to him or her, then, more importantly, accept it. I feel I can use the movie to talk with kids about self-worth and humilty, among other things.


The movie was a joy visually as well -- the scene where Oogway fades into the peach blossoms is beautiful; and the fight scene on the wooden bridge over the fog is worth the wide screen.


Best of all, the movie was genuinely funny. I think that's because I could see Jack Black doing all those moves. I always like Black as the iconoclast. Go figure that.


Thought: We're not going to see the lastest Indian Jones flick together. It's best.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SKADOOSH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home