LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Still running behind


Boy, I am delinquent in my blogging!


Sorry. Life has been busy with Tulip Time, dance recital, piano recital, birthday, anniversaries, school. ... May is a busy time but after this weekend, life should slow down a bit.


I have been bicycling some, though not as much as I'd like. Above is a shot from last weekend. There was a strong northwest wind that I had to fight and those open corn fields -- much of my landscape -- don't stop a whisper. I thought the sky reminded me of fall, really. The wind was so chilling that I felt like I was riding in October.


A few weeks back I hooked up with a group ride out of Holland after work. About 20-25 riders headed into a strong south wind, so I was glad to have folks to draft behind. I was reminded that I am the slowest rider on the roads, but enjoyed the company on the 20-plus mile route.


Other stuff


If you're at all interested, gas here is $4.20 a gallon.


I still haven't picked up a book to read. I've been skimming Shakespeare's Sonnets and reading some takes on different Beatles songs. See the connection?


I've been in a funk at work and am trying to figure out why. I think I have identified the problem but not the cure.


Thought: All things must pass.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gas in Highlands is $3.79 per gallon, about average for this part of Texas. - BL

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Akron/Canton (OH) area was a uniform $3.999/gallon for last week, it's starting to ease up now. gasbuddy.com has a gas 'temperature' map that's interesting. Zoomed out you can see the regional effects of summer blends and state taxes, zoomed in you can see individual station prices. Every little edge helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home