LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Shaken then stirred

Now I can say I lived through an earthquake.

West Michigan was part of that 5.2 quake out of Illinois Friday morning. It woke me up about 5:30 a.m. I kept wondering why a tractor trailer was parked at the neighboring funeral home, shaking the house with its diesel engine. I wondered why the funeral home would be getting a casket delivery before dawn.

So, a quake sounds like a truck, not a train.

Our chocolate Lab, Milo, was very disturbed, so I got up and let the dogs out. They usually bound out of the house, wagging their tails and tearing through the yard, but this time, they slinked out the back door, urinated in the middle of the yard and stood there quietly with their tails between their legs.

When I let them in, they had to be coaxed to eat. They followed me into the bathroom and stayed there while I showered. Not usual behavior

I thought I was imagining things but when I flipped on the news, it was confirmed that I felt the Great Tremblor of '08.

Thought: So, I can say I survived the Blizzard of 77, Ice Storm of 78 and now this.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Dr. Haines said to the radio reporter before he knew he was live on the air, "Get to a doorway and assume the fetal position."

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home