LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

What to do?




So I had my first scheduled Saturday off in almost 17 years. What a strange feeling.

I took the girls to their morning art class, had a great breakfast with Jayne and her mom at Respite coffee shop in Douglas (I strongly recommend the breakfast burrito), went to Menards to get some new blinds (ours have been broken and we've had them for more than 14 years) while Jayne and her mom went shopping, then went to the Saugatuck library to do some research on area one-room school houses, talked to the librarian Martha whom I haven't seen for months, went to Oval Beach to walk on the shore and be awed by the ice, then picked up the girls.

All by noon.

Later in the day, I took the girls to the Fennville playground (the pictures won't upload yet, but I'll try later).

Note there's not much snow left. My apologies to our friends in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York who were just buried in snow Saturday. I watched The Weather Channel reporter stand out on the Lake Erie ice in Buffalo to report the storm. Silly man. I hope your shovels are still working.



Of literary

I finished "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells last week. Those Victorian writers are a hoot. Funny how the professor would be disgusted by the Morlocks when they have the mental agility to adapt to circumstances and learn, but the Eloi do not. I guess the Morlocks just weren't cute enough.

I'm reading "The Odessey" now. I finished "The Illiad" last year or so, and the "The Aeneid" before that. So I've read them out of order. I've read sections of "The Odessey" before -- some even in Latin a million years ago -- but never the total product.

Thought: Now I can say that I officially hate Mondays.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home