LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Friday, January 25, 2008

More snow



Here are a few more pictures of the recent snow days. Both were taken early in the morning.


The girls are playing their video games. They didn't want to be disturbed.


In the other, our dog Milo, the 100-pound chocolate Lab, is leaning on the fence and barking at the passing sidewalk plow. The picture is from our kitchen window before I had a chance to use the roof rake on the 14 inches of lake effect that fell throughout the evening.


Our other dog, Mischa, just stayed in the house as long as possible because the snow was over his head. He came in with "snowbellies," meaning his entire underside was coated with snow because it's so deep. Snowbelly is a term, by the way, from the Nick Jr. cartoon "Backyardigans," one of my favorite shows.


Jayne and I spent a chunk of Thursday morning clearing the driveway. We worked with our neighbor, Kathy, to clear it all off. (We have adjoining driveways) Then we all headed to work.


Jayne, though, slid off the road on 58th Street south of 136th Avenue and had to be towed out of the snow. She was not injured, thank goodness, and I think I was more shaken up than she was as we were talking on our cells about it.


I gave her the number of the wrecker service. Yes, I have it in my wallet because I use them so often. Stop laughing!


I passed three slide-offs on my way in. All were SUVs. Ha!


Thought: And the Kia drives on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home