LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter wondering-land



A few pictures to start your day.


One is a glance out my front window -- standard January fare.


The other is one of our dog, Mischa -- standard January dress. It's been cold -- temps in around 4 degrees -- so Mischa, who hates when it's below 50 degrees, gets some sweater help to keep warm. Our other dog, Milo, is a 100-pound chocolate Lab who loves this weather. He can't get enough of it. He'll stretch out in the snow and get covered in lake effect and, while looking at Mischa shivering in the snow, say "neener, neener."


I had some folks ask a question or two about my last blog entry. I'll do my best to answer:


Yes, I still have a job,


No, I don't know what it is.


Yes, I'm extremely stressed and vulnerable.


No, I wasn't trying to be clever with the "imagine" approach. I want to keep my job -- whatever it is -- so I can't share much without fear of being let go.


Yes, I think I'm getting sick because of all this. And,


No, I don't think Lindsay Lohan will benefit from a "scared straight" approach.


I'm working on coping with the insanity about me. I have seen again that Marx was right about labor being a commodity not an investment, and the Gita is true that doing your best at work despite the circumstances is truly the mark of an enlightended mind.


Thought: No enlightenment here. Just lots of tissues and cough drops.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, vulneralbe just the way I like you and my prom dates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home