LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Same old, same old

Nothing more exciting than a headline like that, eh?

My wife said it's been a while since I wrote in the blog. I don't have much to say (new for me, I know). It's still snowing -- another 6 inches or so expected tonight; the kids have been sick (Alyssa down with the flu last week; Elspeth had stomach pain last night); and my body continues to rebel against my change in work shifts.

I'm used to getting about 5 hours of sleep most nights, so now, when I go to bed at 10-11 p.m., I wake about 4 a.m. ready to go. That's a good time to shovel the snow!

I did take advantage of the heavy rain -- yes, rain, not snow -- on Sunday to drive up to Holland to visit a former co-worker who got laid off a few weeks back. Man, that was a depressing visit. He looked terrible, his confidence was shaken and the optimistic attitude I'd seen him have at work for more than 15 years was all gone.

He said he's considering moving to Battle Creek with his sister if he can't find a job around Holland. As he said, "If I lose the house, I lose the house."

Thought: Savor the times when I have nothing to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home