LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dog days


Above is a picture of our dog, Milo. He just came in from lounging in the snow under the dogwood tree in our backyard. He's been loving our lake effect -- another million inches of snow yesterday.


School was closed again Tuesday. The kids now expect the school to close with every flake that falls. Thursday for them is a half day, then it's a week off for winter break. Tough life!


The roads have been bad, but it is February. I'm just tired of the local television stations treating this snow like it's the end of the world. They seems to enjoy growing panic.


I was lamenting another inane news report on TV in which the reporter was talking to police. The police said they wished people would just stay off the roads.


Sure, I respond. I'll call my boss and tell him that the Allegan County Sheriff's Department said I could not go to work because vehicles have to stay off the road. Oh, and I expect to be paid for it, probably by the sheriff's department, because I'm being denied a chance to work.


Puh-leeeeez.


Thought: Again: Puh-leeeeez.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Radda radda radda!







Radda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home