LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Busy Weekend


Thanks to the anonymous comment in the last blog -- Skadoosh yourself!


Yes, more "Kung Fu Panda." Above is a picture of Alyssa at her birthday party this weekend. The theme was "Kung Fu Panda." She had a blast, I hope.


The party was at the Holland Community Aquatic Center. We had pizza, cake then swimming. Most of the kids wanted nothing to do with the pizza and cake -- really! -- and just wanted to swim.


The coolest thing: For the first time, Alyssa went down the big curly slide! She had been afraid of it, but was persuaded on Saturday to do it. And, of course, she loved it. I think she ended up going down it about a million times.


Then, on Sunday, we all went to Jayne's family reunion at Grose Park in northeastern Ottawa County. Alyssa, Elspeth and her friend, Maggie, spent most of the time swimming in the lake. I watched. No way was I taking off my shirt in public.


To get to the park, we can either hop on the expressway, make a huge loop around then arrive. Or we can go the way I like -- the back streets and county roads. So, I had to hear about us "being lost" or "taking forever." Sheesh. I took the family through Beaverdam, Allendale, Eastmanville and Coopersville (home of Del Shannon!) , and they got to see the county landfill and enjoy seeing the heart of Ottawa County agriculture. And they ask, "Are we there yet?"


We took the expressway back.


Thought: Next, ask me about my job.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all thank you for keeping the shirt on, Lefty. Trust me folks, I've seen him shirtless ... and worse!
All sympathies to the missus, who must endure that sight on occasion.
And happy birthday to the offspring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home