LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Chugging along


Above is a shot from a model railroad event I covered today. It makes me want to set mine up again. I've always wanted to remake the Bethlehem Steel rail yard in Lackawanna.


The temps topped 45 degrees today, sending ice crashing from the roof. One of the chunks sliced through our cable TV line again -- happens almost every winter. Despite my best efforts at chipping and sawing, the ice still rips that cable down. The cable company won't move the line without a special order and more money, so we just call them out to reconnect it.


No TV for three to five days, but we'll survive.


I had to hack away at an icicle as wide as me on our second floor balcony area. I love to amuse the passers-by as I swing the ax and wield the saw against the pillar of ice. I should have tried to sculpt it. Maybe there's a future for me in that.


I might try for an Oscar this year. I ran into a friend at the coffee shop this afternoon and she said I look like I'm the happiest I've been in years. Wow! I must be a star if I can mask the disappointment, despair and confusion that rules my spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home