LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Afternoon at the movies


The family went to see "Bolt" on Saturday afternoon.


The film was amusing. I think we all agreed that Rhino the Hamster was the best part of the film. The rodent is Bolt's biggest fan and follows him on his journey from New York to Hollywood.


Hey, a hamster ball is funny no matter what!


I'll have to see the film a few times to see if it grows on me, like "The Incredibles" did. For that film, I had to catch lots of the nuances on repeated viewings and it's now one of my favorites.


"Bolt" was fun, a bit predictable (the movie even pokes fun at itself for this!) and a little intense at the end. The girl is in actual danger in a huge studio fire, and she is abandoned by all the people on the set before she is rescued by Bolt's Super Bark.


When we got home from the theater, and after a good dinner, we -- meaning me and Jayne -- watched "Kung Fu Panda" again. The effects and messages of this film are still above "Bolt."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home