LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Body clock

Jayne celebrated her birthday yesterday. Thank you all who sent birthday wishes and cards!

Jayne and I had a morning break at the coffee shop and did get some time to get out to dinner at The Olive Garden in the evening. Of course, we were back in time for "Total Drama Island." Go Gwen and Owen!

This weekend is the time change -- fall back. The event reminded my old body that it's, well, old.

For more than a decade, I was in a rest rhythm of working until 1 a.m. or so, going to bed by about 3 a.m., getting up with the kids for school then sneaking a nap in later in the morning. Not ideal, but I was in a pattern my body adapted to.

Then, in March, I switched to a day schedule, starting about 8 a.m. (or 8:30 a.m. if I took the kids to school), finishing my day about 6:30 p.m. and getting to bed by 10 p.m.

Now, my hours have been changed again so I'm back to going to bed later (getting out of work after 8 p.m.) and eating later (dinner at about 9 p.m. or later again!). Bed times are creeping back past midnight. I'm still up with the kids in the morning.

What's a body to do?

I wish I was a "Millenial," those young folk in the workforce whose bodies just can't start before 10 a.m. Poor kids. I don't know how they survive. I mean, up all night video-gaming or bar hopping and being too tired to get to work at 8 a.m.

I guess I am old because back in the day (as we old folks say), you just went to bed earlier and got up earlier, but that's horse-and-buggy thinking.

Yep. I'm old. Soon I'll have late dinners at 4 p.m.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First it's late dinners at 4 p.m., then it's wearing a belt AND suspenders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home