LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ends that are odd


Just wrapping up some loose ends:


-- Owen won "Total Drama Island" on Cartoon Network. The entire family was happy, though Gwen, aka Weird Goth Girl, would have been OK. The girls are looking forward to Season No. 2 of the show, though I think I'll pass.


-- Heavy rains on Saturday meant I spent hours sucking water out of the basement. No, I didn't use a straw but a wet-dry vac that is now more wet than dry. We've had some unusual rain this year. All in all, I prefer the snow this time of year.


-- Speaking of sucking: Lions went 0-16. I thought the Bills would be the first to do that. The coach seemed to be a nice guy who did all the right, positive things -- if his team was a high school squad. High school is all about building character and setting examples. Professional football -- more entertainment than sport, I admit -- is giving the audience (fans) what they want. The Lions didn't do that and, just like a bad movie, people leave the theater. So went Ford Field with games not even selling out.


-- Sorry to folks who didn't get holiday cards from us this year. I just ran out of time and energy. I've been under the weather (in the basement!) and lacking holiday spirit.


-- Work? Well, the strong potential of being out of it has put me in the Scrooge mood. That's why I have this picture of ice at Holland State Park. It's beautiful! I'm not sure who took it -- it's amazing what Web searching will find.


I consider myself like someone on Lake Michigan ice. The ground seems steady, but just below is danger, cold, heart-stopping danger. You know that ice doesn't last forever, so when the temperatures change, something you can't control, then you're in big trouble.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But unlike Lake Michigan, we don't have bikini babes all over us in the summer!

Then again, we don't smell like fish, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home