LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

It could be worse

I am happy to have a job.

Several people at the paper were laid off Tuesday, including two people in the newsroom. I was not one of them, but my job was substantially changed.

I'm no longer the news editor in charge of the reporters, setting news coverage and editing copy. I'm now the Saugatuck area reporter bringing in less money to my family.

Also, I'm not working out of the office any more. I'm working from home. A mixed blessing, I'll admit. My home is not organized for efficiency in writing, interviewing and researching, so it will take time to get up to speed.

I am grateful that the company chose to keep me on, that I am bringing in cash to support my family.

There may not be many blog updates here soon. In the former position, I worked 55-60 hours a week. I expect now to be working 80 hours a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home