LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nice rack


I've been doing some bike riding that has me hauling the old Fuji here and there on my car, so I hooked up the bike rack Jayne got me for Christmas a few years ago.


The rack is fine, but I always get nervous about the bike flying off while I'm whipping down the expressway or making a sharp turn somewhere, so I amuse the people behind me by tying it all up in a spider-web fashion.


The picture above shows it pretty well. That was taken at Kollen Park in Holland. Lake Macatawa is visible in the back.


I know the rack will hold it fine, but I'm just darned paranoid. The clothesline hanging out the back is looped around a support in the trunk and does actually serve a purpose more substantial than calming my irrational fears.


The rack I use does not stop the bike from swinging out when I speed up. This freaked me out. To stop it, I wrap the rope around the frame to hold it secure.


Also, I need to tether the front tire that, unless tied down, will swing wildly in the wind.


The rest is window dressing for my fears.


Thought: Tie me up, tie me down. A good movie, if you like that stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home