LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Do not be afraid


Sorry about the intense closeup here, but I'm so tickled that I had to share with the world, or the three people who look at this blog (hi, mom!), that I got a pair of prescription sunglasses.


This is my first pair of real sunglasses ever. I've had regular glasses since the eighth grade, but never sunglasses. At first, I didn't think I needed them, then, as I got older and realized I needed them, I couldn't afford them. Now, Jayne's insurance covered almost the entire cost, so I got a pair.


I got them mainly to bike ride. I've noticed the last year or so that when I ride, I squint a lot and come back with one of those upper-forehead headaches. The light coming in from the corners of my eyes was annoying as well. I have a visor on my helmet that helps, but only a little.


The sunglasses take care of the problem. I rode with them this weekend and, wow, what a difference. I could hold my head up through all those open cornfields and even heading east into the rising sun.


Now, a major drawback to these sunglasses is what the above picture shows -- I look like a NASCAR-watchin', "Larry the Cable Guy"-laughin', George Bush-lovin' hick. I may be a hick, but I'm one of those Tour de France-watchin', "Family Guy"-laughin', Karl Marx-lovin' kinda hicks.


Oh, well. I'm not much on style and a lot on function. They work. They filter the sun, they stop the headaches. Insurance covered them.


Thought: Who is that man behind those Foster Grants?

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"one of those Tour de France-watchin', "Family Guy"-laughin', Karl Marx-lovin' kinda hicks"? Obviously a complex man of great internal termoil who longs for a resolution of his true place in the universe ... or a nut. Nice shades!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote nut, but one we all love, like the honey roasted peanut.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I used to wake up to that every morning....
(I'll let this hang with no 'splainin and let them wonder....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home