LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Couching words and others


Recital weekend has come and gone. Another one down -- I think this is the sixth one.


Both my daughters had dance recital on Friday and Saturday. I went to Friday's event but, because it's Tulip Time, I didn't take off work Saturday. More daddy guilt to come.


The girls did great in their ballet, tap, hip-hop and jazz numbers. I had actually gone to one practice for the Daddy-Daughter dance, but the girls just didn't want to be seen on stage with me and my lumbering motions trying to pass as dance. Maybe next year.


This year's recital was at Hamilton High School, a first. The new high school auditorium didn't wow me, but the seats were comfortable. In the past, it's been held at Fennville High School (comfortable seats there and only 30 seconds away!) and Saugatuck High School (bleacher seats and demanding on the back).


Farewell to furniture


Jayne got tired of our old couch so she purchased a "new" one. Well, it's really a used one (we can't afford new furniture) from a place in Holland on Waverly Road that sells old hotel castaways. It's a nice sectional with a pullout bed. A shot of it above shows the cat enjoying his new perch.


This meant getting rid of our old couch which we had purchased from a friend of a friend at a garage sale. I liked this couch because it was long enough for me to stretch out on. I'm a little more than 6-feet tall, so this couch was like reclining with the gods on Mt. Olympus.


This old couch, though, had seen better days. It was ripped up by our dogs, soiled by our cats, its framwoek had long ago lost its firmness and it creaked each time you moved. Hey! It sounds like me! So, like me, it's out on the curb waiting to be hauled away to the dump.


Thought: Garbage truck comes Tuesday. Not sure when I'm getting picked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home