LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, April 16, 2007

A time to whine

I looked back to see I haven't updated this blog for more than a week. I am behind my time, to quote Bob Cratchitt.

The main reason for my tardiness: I've just been busy.

Prepare for a ride on the wahm-bulance ...

At work, we started a new design for the newspaper, so the stress there has been immense. We did it in three months when it usually takes a year or more. This meant that in three weeks, I had two days off. I was hoping so much to have last Wednesday off, but my boss told me no. I almost had a breakdown. At home, I stomped around angry for a moment and hung my head and just cried tears of self pity. They're just as salty as tears of sorrow, but a bit more bitter.

The weather had been challenging as well. We had some record snowfalls last week and some pretty icy commutes. After having days in the 60s and 70s and being giddy to ride my bike, this cold and snow just hit me like a brick.

Jayne's mom has been ill the last few weeks as well and hasn't been able to do much. She's feeling better now and had some blood work today. She starts some therapy next week.

Jayne's car had engine trouble last week and had trouble starting. We finally had time to get it up to the dealer in Grand Rapids. No one in the Holland area will touch a Kia! It's been sitting there since Wednesday night because we haven't been able to get up to get it (because I've been working!). We're picking it up tonight and will return $300 lighter.

I understand I have a family -- I think I saw some short people under foot the other day. Are those my kids? We finally had a family dinner Sunday after I got home from an afternoon at work (of course) where we all sat at the table together. Who were those people?

Thought: I was hoping for a pity-party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home