LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Good dinner


Jayne and I did get out for an anniversary dinner Sunday. It was a well-deserved break for my wife who had spent the weekend surrounded by children at Girl Scout camp.


We went to Boatwerks in Holland. I was a bit concerned about the prices, but found them to be lower than I thought. They were much lower than Marro's in Saugatuck, our favorite place for dinner.


We had a nice seat right by the window overlooking Lake Macatawa and we could watch the people fishing off Kollen Park. The above picture is of the deck, but it was too cold for outdoor eating Sunday.


I had the veggie burger with onion rings (the rings were huge!). I liked that the waitress didn't just refill my coffee. She brought me a new cup each time. Now that's class.


The dinner was under $30, so we went for ice cream in Saugatuck afterward. Mmm. Rum raisin.


More gobbles


I worked off the ice cream this morning on a bike ride. I was out in the country again and came across chickens in the road. Now that's something I haven't had to dodge much before.


Among the clucking were two wild turkeys. As I went by them (they were on the shoulder of the road), they took to flight and almost smacked me in the face.


Thought: Is it Thanksgiving yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home