LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Back to reality

Thanks to all who sent birthday wishes last week. I appreciate them and, despite my ever increasing age, remember them as well.

I was on vacation last week, but it certainly didn't seem like a holiday. I really think I would have gotten more rest if I had been at work. Well, maybe. ...

With kids, every day is a busy day, from dance lessons, soccer practice, piano practice, helping with homework (when the heck did this become a parent's job? I thought that's what teachers were supposed to do!), picking them up from school, attending open house, playing around the house and reading bedtime stories.

Now, I'm not complaining (much), but I was down and out with a nasty sinus infection, and had little to no voice and even less energy, but kids don't get that. Today, I have most of my voice back after about three weeks of gurgles and hisses. Still not 100 percent, but getting beyond the 50 percent mark.

What made everything worse: One of the medications I was on left me with allergic reactions including a swollen tongue and throat. I had difficulty swallowing and eating. The medicine also fogged my brain and I had a devil of a time focusing and staying on task.

It also limited my bicycle riding time, and we've had great weather! Figures. I was out yesterday but ran out of steam about 10 miles in to it. I made it back at 20 miles, but felt drained all over.

Other stuff

We all attended a family funeral Saturday for one of Jayne's uncles.

We took the kids -- they need to be at these things and I know there are, unfortunately, many more of these ahead -- and they were, well, kids. They wouldn't sit still or be quiet.

I spent so much time at the service keeping them under some form of control that I didn't even cry. Jayne commented on that because I usually sob at funerals, especially ones with military honors. But the kids kept me so busy that I missed pretty much everything.

Thought: And the Bills are 0-3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home