LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, September 17, 2007

An apple a day


Since I have been under the weather the last week or so, there was no better way to spend part of a Sunday afternoon than picking apples.


Jayne made the suggestion that we all go less than a mile from our house to the Crane family orchards. Of course, the kids didn't want to go. They wanted to play their computer games and watch TV. I told them we were going to have a family moment whether they liked it or not.


I think my phrase was something like: We're going to make memories, dammit, so get in the car.


We didn't get many apples, but the kids seemed to enjoy roaming the fields and looking through crates of gourds. We let them each get a gourd and they spent an eternity pawing through them and commenting on what each one looked like -- a swan, a duck chewing its feathers, Jimmy and Jerry Gourd from VeggieTales, the vein on my neck when I get angry.


The trip must have done wonders. I'm still sick. Jayne woke up this morning in a bad way. Her mom had a fever and Elspeth has a runny nose.


Thought: Maybe I'll stick to antibiotics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home