LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, August 20, 2007

More zoo time


I took the kids to the John Ball Park Zoo in Grand Rapids Saturday. Elspeth wanted to see the monkeys and Alyssa wanted to see the snow leopards, so off we went.


It was a nice morning -- we went early to beat the crowds, of course. And we did get a jump on the masses. We were there by 9:45 a.m. or so and the zoo was pretty empty. The animals were still having their morning cups of Joe and bagels. By the time we left, the parking lots were full and the crowds maddening.


Above is a picture of Elspeth petting the sting rays, sans stingers. She said they felt silkie. Alyssa refused to pet them because of what happened to Steve Irwin, the animal guy.


Days off


You ask why I was not at work Saturday morning. I answer that I have a few days of vacation. I wanted to do some bike riding, including the White Pine Trail out of Comstock Park, but starting Saturday afternoon, the rain has been falling.


We need the rain and this has been a good, slow soaking. And I don't mind riding in the rain, but I don't want to drive to Grand Rapids and ride all afternoon then drive home for an hour with wet pants.


Thought: Terri says it's going to rain through Thursday. I go back to work Friday. Figures.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go pet and feed the giraffes at Binder, much better than stingrays. Of course, I didn't touch them because I was scared.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home