LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Keep me in suspenders

Again I wore suspenders to work Monday night. You would have thought my hair was on fire by the comments people made.

Hey! It's farmer Jim!

He's a lumberjack and he's OK!

Pancakes anyone?

Is that Al Borland from "Tool Time"?

I've worn suspenders off and on since the rainbow-crazed days of "Mork and Mindy," but not for style purposes. I wear them to hold up my pants. A novel idea, really: Wearing things for utlilty purposes instead of style. Shocking!

I had a nice pair of suspenders several years ago I used to wear to work until the then-publisher commented on them. He was a Southern gentleman and always wore "braces," so he complimented me on mine. I immediately had to stop wearing them for fear of being labelled a patsie.

At the time, I also wore lots of flannel shirts. The then-managing editor spent the beginning of staff meetings making fun of my style choice. My flannel collection faded.

Anyway, I now where suspenders to hold up my "fat man" pants. I've put on weight (all this easy livin') but what I really got the pants for was the wide legs. Since I'm supposed to be wearing my leg brace whenever I'm active, I thought large-legged pants were the answer. They fit over that Medieval contraption. Unfortunately, wide legs equal wide waist.

Thought: Suspenders equal snappy style.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear what you want to - it's not like you wore long johns and cut-off shorts to work!

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stray holiday thought...
Cold turkey has got me on the run! (but not the runs, thank goodness)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home