LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winter welcome


All you readers in Western New York can just chuckle, but we got our first snow here overnight. I think there was an inch or so on the grass. No, it wasn't the 2 feet you got, but, hey, it was enough to send the local meteorologists into a panic:

Snow! Snow! Storm of 06! Slippery roads! Chaos! Dogs and cats living together!

Headline exaggeration notwithstanding, the snow gave us cause to break out the new hats and scarves my mom sent. The kids just love the hats -- the picture should be above.

Also, as the snow came down last night, I took the solemn occasion to prepare and hang up my bike for the season. As I respectfully slid the tarp over it, I swear I heard Taps playing in the distance.

Thought: It's a major award!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home