LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, October 23, 2006

I like potatoes


My wife calls me the other day and says I have to take the camera to Respite, the coffee shop in Douglas where we hang out. She gives me no other hint, but says Renee, the owner, has something I have to get a picture of.

I rush over before I had to work -- Oh, you had to twist my arm on this. What? Me? Stop for a cup of coffee? Renee tells me her mother was peeling potatoes and came across one she just couldn't throw in the pot.

Ta-Da! It looks like Michigan.

Yes, I had the same reaction, but I'm a fun-lovin' wild man at heart, so snapped a picture for posterity. Above, then, is Renee holding the immaculate spud and Heather, who had the misfortune of pouring me a cup of coffee, seemingly awed by the Idaho that looks like Michigan.

Two things

If you've watched TV, the above anecdote must remind you of "Cheers." On one episode, Cliff, the know-it-all mail carrier, sends a picture of some vegetables with human characteristics to The Weather Channel. One of the meteorologists writes back and says that she can tell from his hand writing that Cliff must be a big boy of 8 or 9 years old.

The other show this tuber reminds me of is on Cartoon Network called "Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends." It's a kids show, but I enjoy watching it more than my daughters (surprise!). A character named Eduardo, a giant purple monster who is afriad of his own shadow, really loves potatoes. In one episode, he faces off with an obnoxious character named Cheese who says he likes cereal. All Eduardo can respond with is, "I like potatoes." So is the genesis of my new rallying cry.

Thought: Good news everyone. I like them mashed, baked, fried, chopped ...

1 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a box that looks like Colorado...or Wyoming....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home