LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Washing my hands

When in doubt, go local. Not loco.

I still could not get my washer hooked up and, staring another morning at the laundromat in the soapy eyes just made me weep, so I called a local plumber -- McCracken Plumbing of Fennville.

Rob McCracken came right over Monday morning and showed me how to fix the connection problem. "If you want to do it yourself," he said, "that's great. No charge."

I looked him in the eyes and replied: "I broke the last washer trying to fix it. I still have a scab on my thumb from mishandling the tools and I'm running out of quarters for the laundromat, please, please, please, please fix it for me."

I can grovel with the best of them.

By late Monday morning, he had fixed it. He seemed shocked when I hugged him.

Now, I just have to tackle Sears and get them to correct the damaged part of the appliance. Sears could certainly learn a ton from McCracken Plumbing.

Thought: When the cat pukes on the bed covers, it's time to get the washer fixed at any price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home