LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Close to the Edge

So I wrote a blog yesterday that was the definitive analysis of the gas price problem, who was to blame and how to remedy the situation.

Well, I went to post it and the blog froze.

I only had that one chance to write because my youngest daughter was ill and was sleeping. She then woke up and my free time vanished.

Humanity has lost another great work of political and economic insight. Here's the short version:

George Bush is to blame and we're all screwed.

Music

Yesterday afternoon, I dropped my other daughter off at dance and instead of driving around because of $3 a gallon gas prices, I stayed put. I closed my eyes, put in a CD in my portable player and relaxed. I listened to the Yes work, "Close to the Edge."

It's my favorite Yes album and, outside the Beatles sphere, in my top five favorite list. I had never listened off the CD with headphones before and was just bowled over. I could hear the individual water drops in the title track and the subtle guitar and bass shifts in "And You and I," my favorite Yes song. ooh, it's sooo good.

I still don't understand the lyrics, the message the band is sending, but I have an overall impression of sound, of a journey, of decisions and love.

Thought: Even Siberia goes through the motion. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home