LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring Break Diary 2

Day 5: Did not go to the aquatic center Monday. Instead, had a nice lunch with Jayne then I took the kids to spend a few hours at the Saugatuck-Douglas library. Pretty empty and we had a great time. Sun came out in the late afternoon and the kids played outside.

Tuesday we went to aquatic center. Oh, the stupidity. As anticipated, it was shoulder-to-shoulder people. Rude people. I got smacked in the face with a ball and the offenders thought it was funny. Another kid kicked me in the leg and almost blew out me knee. She said nothing. I couldn't count the times I was stepped on, smacked or run into without so much as an excuse me. Elspeth wanted to go right away. Alyssa had a little more fun because her friend Oscar was there with his family, but she quickly tired of the masses. Seems the rule was let the beasts run free while the parents sat on the bleachers reading magazines.

Five more days of spring break.

Thought: Five more days of spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home