LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Birthday Party

Sunday was a birthday party for our oldest daughter. She's turning 9 this week. It won't be long before she's mouthing off to us, turns into a moody middle schooler and despises her parents. So, we try to take advantage of the young age and have a birthday party we all can enjoy.

This year, we went to Crazy Bounce in Holland Township. It's basically a pole barn filled with inflatable slides and climbing toys. Lots of bounce. And lots of crazy, too.

The kids seemed to like it. We invited seven of her friends and they all ran around like maniacs. I just wandered around, helping lift the youngest of the kids into the toys while trying not to get run into.

An ice cream cake followed with the opening of presents. She received some very nice gifts. All her friends know she likes monkeys, so almost everything had a primate theme.

When we got home late in the afternoon, the girls refused to nap (Not me. I went right to the couch for a quick 40 winks). So, after their shower, I got them to bed about 8:30 p.m. I let them sleep to 6:45 this morning -- pretty late considering the early start to school. Man, were they groggy. I feel sorry for their teachers today.

Thought: Youngest daughter's birthday is in June. I wonder where she wants to go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home