LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Drive My Car

Since the family had made a road trip recently, we thought it fitting to go see the movie "Cars."

We were all pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the film.

The kids liked the animation and humor. My youngest loved the tow truck, and my oldest thought Frank the harvester was a blast. So, they've been playing "Cars" the last several days: Alyssa pretending to be a hick truck and Elspeth chasing her, swirling her arms and yellings, "I'm Frank! I'm Frank! Ahhhhh!"

I found lots of funny moments (the tractors acting like cows was great) and liked the messages of respect and community.

I was also happy I didn't guess the ending. If I can do that, the movie loses points with me. I reckoned that Lightning McQueen would let The King win, but I didn't see the crash and consternation at the winner coming. Nice twists.

We all laughed at the opening short as well. I loved the little girl's expression at the battle of the one-man bands.

Reality check: Of course, I was appalled by the price of the movie. We went on a Saturday afternoon and I expected cheaper prices. We all ordered popcorn and drinks and, for four people, spent about $45. That's a tank of gas!

Thought: Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home