LeftyLog

Thoughts on bicycling, Beatles, media and misc.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Spam, spam, spam and eggs

I'm sorry to all the people who got spammed thanks to my stupidity.

I was having a bad computer day Tuesday.

First, I had trouble ordering a CD with a gift card from Barnes&Noble. If I didn't screw up the password or mistype the 500 numbers on the card itself, I lost the connection to the site or got easily distracted by other offerings. I'm like an ADHD kid in a candy story on these Web sites.

Second, my youngest daughter wanted to print out some activities from the Nickelodeon site. No biggie. I thought they were black and white, but they turned out to have color in them. That just drained the printing ink supply.

So, by the time I checked out this e-mail that said it was from my college alumni group, I was brain-fried. I didn't open it, but just clicked on it so the first five or so lines would appear in a view window. Well, it automatically replied to sender so it turned out I spammed like a million people.

Worse still, I started getting mean and insulting e-mails from these recipients. Like the real spammer would put his home address on the message -- just like a vandal puts his name on the brick that flies through a store window! Geez, people. Chill out and don't threaten me with lawsuits you can't possibly file. Please.

So, I'm sorry. I have egg on my face.

Thought: Pay attention. There's going to be a test later.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Roel said...

in your best monty python singing voice: "spam, spam, spam, spam, spammity spam, spammity spam..."
what alovely little ode to a lunch meat in a can.

sorry this has nothing to do with your situation, but i couldn't help but think of the python song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home